Friday 27 January 2012

Ooh blah di, Ooh blah da, Life Goes On ...

Saturday, January 28, 2012.

It has been 18 days since my last post. I have been too ill to write. I don't know how well I am now but I am having a shot at it anyhow.
Deep nausea in the pit of my gut. Rolling screaming green reams of snot that pile and thresh there to be spat out repeatedly. Pink tinged. My tongue is raw. Here comes another hawk from the depths of the deep lime sea.

I am trying to latch onto a slug of Lucozade. A sickly sweet drink I could never imbibe as an ill child but I am prepared to give anything a go today. Never so many typos to clean up.  The little monkey, 10AR, has been told it is it is time to wrap Moshy Monsters on-line gaming addiction for this holiday and try something else instead. She is trying to bribe Daddy with a trip to the poor and forlorn at the RSPCA if she makes him breakfast in bed. He is coughing. Struggling to get up. All is more or less well at 8.28am.

I intend to make it to my 10am meeting, Women's Closed. A most supportive group. 10AR is onto her third cup of continental chicken soup in 8 hours. She can't refrain from talking despite my commands. Commands are useless and her soup makes me feel nauseas.

So the last post was the super successful birthday bash. We got off a few thank you notes and photos after that before collapsing in a heap and not rising from it much since the day of the calamitous news that I would indeed face Round 3 Chemo. This day was double-whammied with the reveal, pus was weeping from the whopping wisdom tooth site at the back of my mouth. My mood was not doing somersaults at the time. Had just heard another friend from church has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It can all get a bit much at times.

Armed with anti-biotics as big as calves I was to somehow swallow in my raw and tender mouth, to rid the pus deposit, constantly nauseas, awaiting a chemo onslaught in 13 days time. I retired to my second bed, the TV couch. Thank God for friend's lending me Bali Movies, The Australian Open, The Ellen DeGeneres show and other light entertainment such as Midsomer Murders.

While I wallowed in my mire of oncoming chemo, pus, constipation, nausea, green slime and pain I took the Morphine up a notch and discovered the upper echelons of wooziness on a new plane. Trippingly close to tinnuitis, the constant ringing in my ears, there wasn't much I could left myself compos mentos for.

A fabulous intense lymphatic massage was a stand-out in this period and I am deeply thankful for the gorgeous girlfriend who bestowed her loving healing hands upon me. I have possibly lost a further four kilos since that event but I am not particularly worried about that state of affairs. Last week when they told me I may never regain my taste-buds ever, sent me to new despondent lows. But it all is relevalant after a while. Just being able to suck on a cold drink without pain would be nice.

I succommbed to a little light retail therapy. Bought a couple of stunning frocks from the best Frock Shop on our Corner," Frock Me", owned by another good friend who always takes special care of me. I bought a Happy Frock to sail me through the last two weeks of radiation. And a glam frock for my dearest BFF who is turning 40 on February 2. Only hope I can sip more than a cold drink and smile appropriately. May the anti-nausea drugs kick in.  Fortunately, Ebay Ladies size 8 shoes were not performing as well as usual.

Forever grateful for this family also for embracing 10AR into their loving care. Taking her to Litchfield Park and the Wildife Park when her own debilitated parents were barely capable of keeping it together on the couch. Soon we will redouble our efforts to be there for you dear family friends.

Love and best wishes to all out there who read this blog. Sorry this has not been a cheery epistle. I have only 3 more radio sessions to go. Things could get a bit worse before better but Sid assures me the light at the end of the tunnel is nigh. Just don't go ordering any meals in tasty restaurants like the Hanuman for a good few months.

Would be lovely to hear from you all again. My spirits need a good rivet right now. Michael and I are set to celebrate 25 years of marriage on March 21. was thinking of going to an Ian Gawler Foundation Retreat in the Yarra Valley at that time but now I feel so depleted. Time will tell. Either that or it will be a simple sunset cruise on a pearl schooner, or some such thing in Darwin.xxxxxxxxx

Would love to hear your news and what you have been doing in this crazy month of January. Love to you all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo




1 comment:

  1. Hi Gillian,
    All the best for your final treatment tomorrow!
    We'll be thinking of you and wishing you a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete